domingo, 2 de maio de 2010

Entrevista com Traci Dinwiddie


Leiam em baixo uma nova entrevista concedida pela actriz ao site Supernatural Russia. Na entrevista Traci falou entre outras coisas sobre Supernatural e a sua personagem, Pamela Barnes.


Could you tell us something about yourself so the Russian fans of Supernatural could get to know you better?

You can always follow me on twitter, and see what I'm up to! I love to share my days with my Tweetlebugs! @groovegoddess

Why did you choose to be an actress?
I couldn't imagine NOT becoming an actress. I have always been drawn to performance art. I've a deep love for storytelling and am endlessly interested in the human experience. (Okay, and I love to play dress-up!)

How did you first hear about Supernatural and end up auditioning for this show? Was it the only part that you auditioned for on Supernatural?
I'd first stumbled across SPN from my little addiction to blooper reels on youtube. Found one for SPN and thought they must be having a blast on their sets. A few months later, I was auditioning for the show!

?lick to see HQWhat do you like about this character?

Pamela Barnes is the essence of Rock n' Roll! I love that she is an unapologetic and solid woman. She knows what she likes and wants and has no qualms about expressing it.


If you could play another character on the show, who would it be and why?I would totally dig playing the Trixster or Ruby. They both had so many twists and turns to explore. Let it be known, though, that I am a happy camper with Pamela Barnes.

Do you know yet if you will appear again later during this season or (possibly) season 6? You've got a lot of fans all over the world.

I don't want to give away any spoilers, so I will tell you to just KEEP WATCHING. (and yes, I would love to return again and again and again! It's such a fun show!)

What is your best and worst memory from shooting Supernatural? What was your favorite scene to shoot?
My most favorite is still meeting the boys and re-uniting with Bobby in the Season 4 opener. It's just a great, fun moment. And the worse, if there was one? (Wouldn't call it the worst, more like most challenging) It's a tie between getting my eyes burned out of my head or being stabbed in the stomach. Both were exciting, but emotionally draining for me.


Have you been a victim of Jared and Jensen's pranks on set? If so, how did they get you and what about payback? Any funny stories that happened with you on the set, maybe funny bloopers ?

I have, thankfully, not been a victim of their pranks so far. We do have a great time together. Love to laugh. It feels like home with all the dogs hanging out by our trailers. Jared likes beans a little too much, methinks! ;o)

Click to see HQ















Could you share with us your impressions about Jensen and Jared? Jensen once said in an interview that he's better in comedies. It seems Jared thinks otherwise about himself. If you had an opportunity to work in one project with Jared or Jensen, who do you prefer for a comedy? And for a drama?
Jensen is very sincere and somewhat shy natured, if you can believe that. He is EXCELLENT at comedy, though. Jared is like a big ole' cuddly puppy dog. (Or more like a great dane puppy, cause the boy is huge!). I'd pick them both for a comedy.

Are there any other people on the team of Supernatural, who are special to you and whose work you value, even if the fans of the show might be unaware of their contribution? If yes, please tell us about them, we'd love to know more about the behind-the-scenes.
That is so sweet and thoughtful of you. Yes, big props to the costume department! Diane Widas, Ruth and gang! They always go the extra mile for me and the rest of the cast. I am always so happy to see them.

Do you watch Supernatural? Maybe as a fan or just for to notice your own mistakes?
I do watch SPN. Got it set on my DVR when I'm working or traveling too!

Have you been doing your own stunts for Supernatural or at some other point in your acting career?
Yes, I've done a lot of my stunts in many projects; however, I abstain from anything that would jerk my neck around too fiercely. I've had a cervical fusion since 2001. Ruptured a disc in my neck on the set of "Black Knight" under Paula Abdul's choreography. Was wearing a 100 pound costume when we had to do this neck move and "OUCH" it went.

Click  to see HQ














We know that actors, directors of Supernatural contribute their own ideas to the script during the actual filming, and that these ideas often blend in successfully with the big picture. Has it ever happened to you? If yes, could you tell us more?
As actors, we get to find fun ways of infusing our own nuances into the scenes. Like, for example, when I pick "Bobby" up in season 4. It wasn't written in the script, but I knew Jim and I needed to create a strong back story for our characters. So, I ask him if it was alright that I surprise him with a kiss or a good natured punch or the like. He was completely up for anything I brought to him. Jim is an awesome and incredibly generous actor. I adore him!


And what about other sets you appeared? What good or bad memories do you keep from these experiences? Is there the same friendly atmosphere as on Supernatural set?

The set of Supernatural is quite rare. There are only a few sets that I've experienced that have been as kind and fun. I'm so lucky to have joined this badass group of good folks!

We know that sometimes you participate in fan conventions. Do you consider this work or a welcome break from it?
I LOVE it! Love meeting the fans and getting to travel. Such a blast!

Do you remember any funny questions you have been asked on the conventions?
Tons of great questions. I am stunned when someone leaks a spoiler in the midst of their question and the whole room tone gets electric and intense! Personally, I don't like to give away spoilers. I adore the element of surpirse!

Please tell us about your previous work projects and about your future plans.
I've just finished filming a feature film called "Elena Undone". It's an unconventional love story in which I play a lesbian freelance writer who falls in love with the wrong kind of woman. Also, I'm writing a web series that is kind of a cross between Twilight Zone and Twin Peaks. I really like it so far.

Which points of your career are the most significant to you as an actor?
The whole process amazes me, really. Of course, getting cast as Pamela Barnes in "Supernatural" was an all time high for me.

Which movie roles are the most special to you as a person?
Playing Julie in "Open Your Eyes" was a very powerful experience for me. I play a woman dealing with Breast Cancer and the aftermath of having a mastectomy. It was a very precious story.

Any particular role that would you like to play?
I feel like I SHOULD have played Spock's mom on the latest Star Trek! Wynona has nothing on MY eyebrows! ha ha!
As far as future roles I wish to play, I am aiming for my own series reg role in something "other worldly". I love magical stories and long for a character to develop over several years!

If you hadn't got into acting, what would you do for a living? What else do you like to do except acting? Any hobbies? You're in good shape and we know you are keen on yoga. Maybe any other sports?
My goodness, aren't you the curious one! ;o) I'm also a West African Drummer, so I'd love to improve my skills and groove all over the world!

What are your favorite books, movies, directors, bands or musicians?
Some books I really enjoy: "A Director Prepares" by Anne Bogart, "Women Who Run with the Wolves" by Clarissa Pinkola Estes, lots of Anais Nin, and anything by Tom Robbins. His quirky adventures are simply the best! And most of all, "The Essential Rumi" interpreted by Coleman Barks

Must see TV: (Besides SPN) 30 Rock, Madmen, Nurse Jackie, United States of Tara, Damages, The Good Wife, Fringe. Such good storytelling!
Movies: Frida, The Goonies, All that Jazz, The Dark Crystal. The Hours, Boys Don't Cry, Yes, Fur, Ghandi....and so many more! (couldn't ever choose 1)
Music: (an eclectic mix of...) Miles Davis, Joni Mitchell, Nina Simone, Ani DiFranco, John Coltrane, Jeff Buckley, Queen, Bismillah (a compilation from The World Sacred Music Festival in Morocco)

Is there a question that no one ever asks you but you would love to answer?
Can't think of one, but I always welcome new and interesting curiosities.

Are you familiar with the Russian cinema? Somewhat, yes. Have you seen any Russian movies?
"House of Fools" was quite fascinating for me to watch! If yes, do you like any Russian actors or directors? Mila Kunis is a work of art!

What would you like to tell the visitors of our website and other Supernatural fans in Russia?
Thank you so much for your interest and support of my work as an actress! I am honored to have you as fans and look forward to meeting you at your very own Russian convention someday! Blessings!

1 comentário:

Anónimo disse...

Si, probablemente lo sea